PATHWAYS TO WELLNESS PRACTICE UPDATE
Our sister organization, Ace of Spays, is expanding spay/neuter services with the continued mission of optimizing spay/neuter care. As we move forward with expansion of spay/neuter services, Pathways to Wellness will be focusing exclusively on alternative medicine but we will continue to provide for all of your medication refills. You will find details and FAQ below.
IN THE LONG TERM
- Ace of Spays will offer clinics Tuesdays, Thursdays and Fridays and will be expanding spay/neuter services.
- Pathways to Wellness will offer appointments on Wednesdays from 10am-5pm and expects to be extending hours.
- Our online pharmacy will remain open. You can register yourself by CLICKING HERE
- Our in-house pharmacy will remain open. You can request refills by CLICKING HERE
- Our wonderful staff are excited about the expansion and will continue to be here for you.
WHAT IS HAPPENING BEFORE JUNE 5
- Ace of Spays is holding clinics 3 days per week.
- Pathways to Wellness is providing the same services we have always offered on Monday 9am-8pm, Wednesday 9am-8pm, Thursday 2pm-8pm, Saturday 9am-5pm.
- Our online pharmacy is open and will continue to be open. You can sign up anytime by CLICKING HERE
- Our in-house pharmacy is open and will continue to be open. You can request refills anytime using https://veterinaryalternativemedicine.com/meds/
- As always, we are here to help you. Email or call with any questions or concerns: firstname.lastname@example.org or 609-267-6770
WHAT TO DO NOW OR ASAP
- We encourage you to research conventional practices and pick one that best suits your routine and sick care needs. Dr. Cobb has suggested you consider Audubon Family Veterinary Center because she knows you will get a warm welcome there and feels they will have a similar friendly and no-pressure atmosphere to ours. This is just a suggestion. She wants you to go wherever you will feel most comfortable. Audubon is having an open house just for your on June 24. CLICK HERE for more information on the open house and for a welcome letter they have asked that we extend to you.
- You do NOT need to worry about prescription refills, we have you covered
- You do not have to worry about reminders, we are sending them.
WHAT IS HAPPENING AFTER JUNE 5
- Ace of Spays will increase spay/neuter offerings.
- Pathways to Wellness will offer alternative medicine appointments on Wednesdays from 10am to 5pm but we will be fully staffed 5 days/week.
- Pathways to Wellness will provide conventional and alternative medicine refills in-house and via our online pharmacy.
- Pathways to Wellness will send reminders for your upcoming well care needs.
- Pathways to Wellness will share records with the conventional practice of your choice.
- Pathways to Wellness services will be limited to
- Consultation Examinations
- End of Life
- Chinese Herbals
- Medication Refills
- Reminders of upcoming conventional care needs
WHAT TO DO BEFORE YOUR FIRST VISIT TO ANOTHER PRACTICE – NO HURRY
- If you are going to Audubon Family Veterinary Center, please visit this webpage and fill out the form so they can upload your records to their software: https://www.audubonfamilyvets.com/pathways
- If you are going to a practice other than Audubon, please CLICK HERE to fill out a record transfer form. You can do this at anytime. It doesn’t have to be before June 5.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
Will the current team remain at the practice?
Can I still get prescription refills?
Yes. You can request in-house refills here or sign up for our on-line store here.
Will I get my reminders?
Yes-we will send a reminder when your pet is next due for well-care.
My pet is approaching end of life. Can I come for euthanasia?
Yes. We will continue to provide this compassionate care.
What is the address at Audubon Family Veterinary Center?
24/7 South White Horse Pike, Audubon, NJ 08106. Please also see their welcome page here: https://www.audubonfamilyvets.com/pathways
Do I have to go to Audubon?
No. We can forward your pets’ medical records to the practice of your choice. Audubon is offered as an alternative to us for your conventional needs. We respect your choice and want you to be comfortable with your conventional medicine practice.
Will you take care of wellness exams and vaccines?
We strongly recommend you establish a well-care relationship at a conventional practice where you can be seen for urgent issues and where your pets’ records can be stored. Many of you seek a “less is best” approach. I feel confident you will find Audubon Family Veterinary Clinic very helpful with a no-pressure atmosphere.
I prefer an alternative approach to well care. Will you take care of that?
We will continue to provide consultations and you can certainly see us for advice through a consultation; however, we are operating as an alternative practice only and recommend you establish care at a conventional practice where you can be seen for urgent issues and where your pets’ records can be stored.
Is Dr. D working?
Dr. D is working her regular Pathways to Wellness shifts through June 3, and will let us know her schedule moving forward towards the end of June. In the interim, she will be taking much needed and deserved time off while still working her current and on-going Tuesday shifts at Shore Veterinarians in Seaville.